MANAGING OUR NECESSARY STUFF TEACHES EVERYONE RESPONSIBILITY...Our MONSTER Notebook
The Monster Notebook is a 3-ring binder that holds everything the students
and parents need to keep updated on classroom and school events!
* No more wrinkled papers in the bottom of backpacks!
* No more lost school notes or lost homework!
* No more missing lunch money/book club money!
* No more looking all over the house to find paper to write the teacher
*This notebook helps students to establish good organizational skills
as well as teach them responsibility!
* Please take very good care of your Monster Notebook. You will use it
* Take your Monster Notebook home every day and bring it with you to
school every morning. Just put it in your backpack every night and you
won't forget it!
* Keep your Monster Notebook clean. Please do not eat or drink while
* Show your Monster Notebook to your parents every day. They will be
so proud that you are learning responsibility!
* Make any marks or drawings in your Monster Notebook.
* Leave your Monster Notebook at home, daycare, in the bus or car. You
are responsible for bringing it to school every day. If you forget it, your
parents will not bring it to you at school!
* Let anyone borrow your Monster Notebook or tear any pages out of your
Monster Notebook. Everything should stay in your book.
* Put any papers in your Monster Notebook that don't belong.
PARTS OF THE MONSTER NOTEBOOK:
Zipper bag: Absence notes, lunch money, flashcards
Tab 1: Classroom Information
* Daily Schedule
* Teacher contact information
* Class website information
* Class Roster
* Policies and Procedures
* Student Responsibilities
* AR Requirements and Goals
Tab 2: Homework
* Pocket for nightly homework
* Reading Response Questions
* Spelling Activities
* Manuscript Alphabet
* Spelling Lists and Vocabulary for the week
* UPS Check Steps
Tab 3: Aviator Club Information
Tab 4: Communication Section
* Notes between parents and teacher
* Behavior Chart